Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Yarning Along!

I am back knitting my Shalom again. I had to rip out almost the whole thing up to the yoke because the body just wasn't big enough. I think this time it's working out. I know I'm going to love this sweater if I can just get through the sleeves! It's getting cold too so I really want to finish it so I can wear it. My self induced deadline is for next weekend which is the fiber festival. I know I can do it if I just commit myself.



I am also knitting a cascade sweater for Miss Elise. I have a sweater that I made for Gabriella that fits Elise, but I did it with cotton/linen blend yarn since it was for the spring, and I just dislike the way it fits. The yarn stretched a lot. This is yarn I got at the thrift shop, so it's a very cheap knit. I am adding an extra leaf since I want it to fit her longer. Almost done with the body, then on to the leaves. 

I have Christmas knitting plans, but nothing done and I am going to run out of time if I don't get started. I need to finish these two knits first though!

I am not reading anything myself currently, as all my spare time is spent knitting. But, I am reading Little House in the Big Woods to the kids. We read all the other ones, but didn't read the first. So we are going back to it. I just love all the Little House books. I think they will remain our favorites!
Hop over to Ginny's blog Small Things for other yarny goodness!

No comments: