Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Yarn Along

My knitting has slowed down a bit lately. After all the sock yarn dress knitting, I needed a bit of a break I guess. I got a book at the library that I just started last night called Almost Amish. I think I was expecting something different, but I'm only a couple chapters in, so we will see. I need some good literature! I think I need to check out what everyone else is reading and see what looks good :)



I am making my mom the honey cowl for her birthday(which was a month ago). I am eager to finish it and give it to her. I let her pick the pattern. I'm not so sure about it though. I love the pattern, but I'm thinking I should have made it a bit longer...? 


I spent a bit of time yesterday printing up some patterns that I want to start. I am going to make Elise this hat, with these mods. Hopefully it will work out. I'm not doing a gauge swatch. I hate them. And for a hat, I figure it will be ok. We'll see though.

Check out what others are reading and knitting over at Small Things blog!




3 comments:

Leslie said...

Time spent browsing through patterns is always fun.

Sally said...

I'm with you, Leah, I hate gauge swatches! I love the yarn in the picture! I have the honey cowl on my list of things to make -- I hope you'll share the picture after you gifted it! Yay for knitting! Stay warm and dry tonight!

Lydia said...

My husband bought me "Almost Amish" for Christmas and while it was different than what I was expecting as well, I did end up enjoying it. I know what you mean about needing a knitting break. I currently have a few things on the needles but nothing I really want to work on. Sometimes a break is a good thing!