Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My mind is busy

I should be heading to bed, but I am thinking of all the things I need and want to do. I have been researching books and homeschool stuff for this fall. I am doing what I always said I wouldn't do. And that is mix matching different curriculums. I am planning on using the Charlotte Mason method for the majority of our subjects this year. This is very similar to what I have used with Micah last year(Sonlight). It is literature based, and the kids and I all love books, so I think it is a good fit for us. We are doing Horizon Math, and still working on reading this summer. I am also going to do a few "unit study" type things in the form of lap books. Found some really cool info online for these and I think they will be fun!

I have also been wanting to work on other projects as well. I want to:
finish knitting Eva's sweater
make Abi her short sleeve sweater
make Abi either a dress or skirt(just finished Eva's dress, will post pics soon!)
make some baby gifts
find a sweater pattern and yarn to make Micah something
knit Gabriella a shrug
And not really projects, but something I am working on is making meal plans and menus and STICKING to them! Grocery shopping accordingly as well. It will make my life so much less stressful.


And I still have to order more books, school art supplies, and organize all our school stuff(which was started thanks to an awesome armoir we got off Craigslist-I'll post pics of that soon too), have a yard sale after camp is over, amongst other various things.

So I suppose now I WILL go to bed, and get moving on some of that stuff tomorrow.

No comments: