Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Yarn Along




I am in the baby bootie knitting marathon! I have several friends pregnant, and I wanted to knit them something. I love knitting the booties. I feel like they are so cute and tiny, and are also very useful.

I am also still working on my Rosamund(which regretfully hasn't seen any action from me for awhile). I forgot the second button hole and feel kind of stuck. Not sure if it will work to place it now....but I don't want to frog it. It took awhile to do all those cables. I need to just start back up. I'd love to do some sock knitting which is my favored warm weather knitting. 

I am reading One Thousand Gifts, and truly loving it. I want this book to really sink in so I am taking my time reading. I have also been reading The Midwife, which is what "Call the Midwife" is based on. Such sad, and hard lives they had. But they had joy through a lot of it, which is just amazing.

Linking up with Ginny at her blog Small Things.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Baby booties, yam.
I Liked the Midwife, how much they did with so little

Knittymama said...

I have been reading 1000 Gifts as well and feel the same way. I dont' want it to end! Are you making your own lists?

Karen Sue said...

What pattern do you use? I've never made baby booties, but thinking of offering to teach some young moms a little knitting and thinking that might be a good project to know how to do.
I own 1000 gifts, but haven't started it yet. Thinking I'll move it to the active pile and have that be my Yarn Along book for next week. :o)